Wednesday 3 October 2012

New life on the farm and a feature on East Midlands Today!

May I introduce you to "Beatie" our new puppy.  She's a darling black cocker spaniel and at 10 weeks old, quite a bungle of energy.  It's just like having a new baby in the house.  Only Mark isn't good at babysitting or should that be "puppysitting" when I have to go out.  I will put a photo on my blog page once I've asked daughter how to do it!

Alas, the other recent additions to our farmyard, the chickens, are still not laying!  As my mother is such an expert, I asked for her opinion last weekend and she stated it's because they're not old enough!  Getting quite impatient now as I need eggs to bake cakes with for my Farm Walks refreshments and also for the school children to find them in the nesting boxes!!  Will have to be patient then.

Talking of school children, last week East Midlands Today filmed us for Somerby Primary School visit to the farm on World School Milk Day.  They brought their iPad so they could zap Lady Shamrock's QR code, (which I stencilled on her side for the day) and learn more about the cow and how she produces milk for us.  Lady Shamrock is so used to this attention now, she was calm, stood still and took it all in her stride.  The children behaved for the camera too and some were asked why they like coming to the farm.  Bringing their breaktime milk to drink whilst on the farm, made the item a success.  I was well proud of the overall result!  Next stop Countryfile!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment